Living near the coast is a joy for people of all ages, and recent findings support this notion.
New research indicates that individuals residing within a mile of the ocean have a 22% lower risk of developing mental health issues. If you’ve been seeking a reason to relocate closer to the American shores, now’s your chance.
Consider exploring these top beach towns:
- Port Aransas, Texas: Fondly referred to as ‘Port A,’ this serene coastal town on Mustang Island exudes a lively atmosphere and positivity. With over 18 miles of stunning beachfront, flourishing luxury properties, and perpetually clear skies, the town boasts a low unemployment rate and decreasing crime levels. Parents appreciate the town’s low student-teacher ratio and school test scores exceeding the national average. Abundant birdlife, excellent fishing prospects, and various water sports make Port Aransas a weekend hotspot.
- Jacksonville, Florida: This Sunshine State gem combines the best of Florida living with a low cost of living, affordable housing, and exceptional schools. Featuring both a river and an ocean, Jacksonville caters to active families searching for an ideal settlement. The city boasts a thriving business center, diverse cultural offerings, top-notch golf courses, and an array of seaside activities. Serving as a hub for surfing in Florida and housing the headquarters of the PGA tour, Jacksonville offers a plethora of opportunities.
- Honolulu, Hawaii: For those enamored with island living, Hawaii stands out as the ultimate destination. This vacation paradise provides ample opportunities for residents to thrive, with an unemployment rate 42% lower than the national average. Often listed among the best places to live in the US, Honolulu emanates a family-friendly atmosphere with commendable educational facilities. Superb dining, shopping, and nightlife options abound, while iconic sights like the crescent beach, Diamond Head crater, and swaying palm trees add to the town’s allure.
- Great Neck, New York: Comprising nine petite towns along Long Island’s North Shore, Great Neck, also known as the Gold Coast, offers residents a host of benefits. Positioned a short drive from Manhattan, the area exudes a New England charm, with luxurious mansions adorning the streets. Excellent recreational facilities, healthcare services, and a high income per capita relative to the national average contribute to the neighborhood’s appeal. Residents also enjoy access to exceptional schools, beautiful parks, bays, and marinas.
- Manhattan Beach, California: According to 24/7 Wall St., this town is the premier place to reside in the US, though some argue that Twain Harte holds the title for the best beach town. Manhattan Beach, located just 20 miles from downtown LA, offers residents easy access to the city’s attractions without the congestion. An upscale locale with exquisite luxury homes, Manhattan Beach caters to various preferences, with sand section homes featuring smaller lots ideal for first-time homeowners. Residents can embrace the Pacific Coast as their playground, indulging in a plethora of outdoor activities. The area boasts excellent schools, a low unemployment rate of just over 5%, and a crime rate less than half the national average.
- Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina: This surf-washed barrier island town allures residents with its scenic charm and natural abundance. Stretching over four miles of expansive golden beaches, Wrightsville Beach offers a friendly small-town atmosphere and an array of natural resources. The area presents azure waters, ample fishing piers, nature preserves, and scenic trails, creating an idyllic setting near Wilmington. With an unemployment rate nearly 50% below the national average and an income per capita soaring 103% above average, the town beckons those seeking a fulfilling coastal experience.
- Portland, Maine: Blending its rich history with a thriving creative high-tech economy, Portland epitomizes a vibrant small city boasting artistic endeavors, cultural richness, and culinary delights. The charming downtown area showcases picturesque stone and brick architecture alongside cobblestoned streets leading to excellent shops, pubs, and eateries. With a low unemployment rate and a high average income per capita relative to national averages, Portland maintains a solid infrastructure, ensuring hassle-free living. Students in Portland schools perform well compared to national standards, making the town a desirable long-term destination.
- Seaside, Oregon: As Oregon’s oldest town, Seaside continues to attract visitors with its broad beaches, family-friendly activities, and excellent shopping opportunities. Home to the world’s largest amateur beach volleyball tournament, the town hosts classic carnival-style summer entertainment and encourages walking, biking, hiking, and running. With a relatively modest household income overall, Seaside serves as a great destination for families, offering good schools and high graduation rates.
- Sullivan’s Island, South Carolina: Sullivan’s Island, nestled at the mouth of Charleston Harbor, boasts sandy shores and breathtaking natural beauty. Charming pubs provide a lively ambiance as the sun sets, while the picturesque beachfront keeps residents engaged throughout the day. Alongside a high employment rate and low cost of living, the island offers outstanding educational facilities. Luxurious mansions lining the shores are a testament to the high-quality living experience available on this charming island.
Maximizing the Best Beach Towns and More:
Enhance your experience in the finest beach towns with luxurious living spaces that meet your aspirations. Continue browsing our website for an array of sophisticated upscale homes, whether along the seaside or beyond.