Creating a great website from scratch may be a challenge. If you want to compete with the best, you will need a high-quality website. The qualities of a great website include being navigable, attractive, useful, and user-friendly, among others. A WordPress page builder or coding knowledge are both options for incorporating all of the required features into your WordPress website.
What is a Page Builder?
To construct beautiful web pages, use a WordPress page builder, which provides you with all the tools you need to do it. Your site may be built fast with the help of an online page builder.
With a page builder, you have access to an administrative interface that gives you complete control over your site. You can drag and drop stuff on your pages and customize components on your websites much more easily using page builders than you can when using the default page editor. When using some page builders, you may import content and make a few simple adjustments.
How about creating a website without knowing how to program in a simple way? That’s where WordPress comes in. Listed below are the finest free WordPress page builders that allow you to create any type of web page in a matter of seconds.
List of Best Free Page Builders on WordPress
Free WordPress page builder Elementor is one of the most widely used page builders on the web. Here’s why it may be the finest frontend editor in the world. It has excellent features including:
- To construct WordPress pages, you may use more than 100 prebuilt templates. You may change the page and add the components you want through drag and drop once you’ve chosen the one you want for homepages and other pages.
- More than 300 blocks in Elementor make it easy to design beautiful sites.
- A mobile-friendly page builder has been developed. Mobile navigation and responsiveness of your website is enhanced by the ability to change it on a mobile device. It allows you to undo or revert any changes you make to your site while it’s being created with this page builder. In addition, the site builder preserves the history of all activities you do on the site, as well as its overwritten versions, for future reference.
- When you need to make changes to the site, you may put it in maintenance mode, which notifies your visitors that you’ll be back shortly. Images and videos may be manipulated with sliders, and there are global widgets.
- To make your pages and content more eye-catching, Elementor comes with animated headers. To make money from your site, you can easily set up an online store using the builder’s WooCommerce integration.
WordPress page builder Elementor has more than 3 million active installations, making it one of the most popular page builders. In addition, Elementor has an overall rating of 4.8 stars.
2. Page Builder by SiteOrigin
Below stated are only a few of the reasons why it is so popular:
- SiteOrigin Page Builder, like Elementor, is a content builder that uses columns.
- It’s easy to navigate on mobile devices since SiteOrigin-powered websites are mobile-friendly. All of the widgets that you may need for your website are available in the builder, and it works seamlessly with additional plugins.
- SiteOrigin’s developers additionally provide a wide variety of themes to make your experience even more enjoyable and enjoyable. Column and row layouts may be customised with this page builder.
- Your site’s modifications may be viewed as you choose which ones to reinstate. Page Builder from SiteOrigin allows you to make as many modifications as you like, knowing that your previous layout versions will be maintained.
- As a result of the widgets and rows styles, you may make your web pages stand out by using different background colours and different column spacings.
- Widgets are included in the page builder and may be used to webpages in any specialty. As an example, there are buttons and Google Maps widgets.
However, as it utilizes a backend rather than a frontend, its editing experience isn’t similar to that of Elementor. To me, this indicates that, unlike Elementor, widgets arrive in a distinct plugin. The number of widgets and page layouts in Elementor has also grown significantly over time. Nevertheless, SiteOrigin might grow more competitive versus Elementor with frequent upgrades and improvements.
With an average rating of 4.8 stars, this plugin is one of the most popular and high-quality free page builders on the web. Currently, there are over 1 million active installations of SiteOrigin’s Page Builder.
3. Beaver Builder
Beaver Builder is a drag & drop frontend page builder that is an up-and-coming favorite amongst WordPress users.
- Beaver Builder, like SiteOrigin’s Page Builder and Elementor’s Elementor, employs a page editor with columns. Choose between full-width and column layouts when it comes to the page design. A variety of content may be displayed using these characteristics.
- Build your own gorgeous and intuitive background using this builder, which supports colour, video or picture backdrops.
- Third-party plugins may be easily integrated into Beaver Builder. There is no limit to the number of themes you can choose from and the number of short-codes and widget plugins you may use.
There is no compromise in the aesthetics of your site using Beaver Builder. When you use the site builder, your site will always load quickly since it only loads material that is required for the exact page you want to see.
Some of Beaver Builder’s important characteristics include its ability to allow for the inclusion of many content modules such as text and video. It also allows for the inclusion of HTML code and audio and a sidebar.
In the world of drag-and-drop WordPress page builders, Beaver Builder stands out as one of the best. Contrary to SiteOrigin’s Page Builder, this builder has a frontend editor. The only drawback of this page builder is that there are so few widgets to choose from. There are no page templates in Beaver Builder, unlike SiteOrigin’s Page Builder and Elementor’s Elementor Page Builder. This means that you’ll have to start from the beginning if you want to develop your own pages.
4. King Composer
KingComposer is a WordPress page builder that has been cleverly designed and has remarkable functionality. Use a backend editor to create a professional website with all of your brand’s characteristics. Just a few of the features are listed as follows:
- While maintaining responsiveness on all platforms thanks to a superb CSS system, you may create and structure your pages to your hearts content.
- As long as you’re using a backend editor (like SiteOrigin), you’re not compromising the live outcomes of your edits. Every action you take on your site has immediate effects.
- For example, you may preserve screenshots of changes made to a header, sidebar, or footer using KingComposer’s library. From this library, you may recover previously stored modifications to duplicate the changes on other sections.
- Enjoy the live display of over 850 Google fonts as you test them out on your website. Instead of doing the same operations on several pages, you may simply copy-paste items from one page to the next.
- It is possible to uninstall or deactivate KingComposer after creating your site, pages, and content with it, without losing your material or changing the presentation of your site.
Enjoy the live display of over 850 Google fonts as you test them out on your website. Instead of doing the same operations on several pages, you may simply copy-paste items from one page to the next.
It is possible to uninstall or deactivate KingComposer after creating your site, pages, and content with it, without losing your material or changing the presentation of your site.
This builder has a rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars. There are more than 100,000 active installations of the page builder.
5. WP Page Builder
WP Page Builder is a front-end WordPress page builder with some excellent features.
- You can drag-and-drop functionality that allows you to effortlessly add blocks to your site’s pages with great results.
- These beautiful templates are available from WP Page Builder, which covers a wide range of topics. You may still select from a wide range of fonts and colours.
- Access to IcoFont icons is limitless as well as over 670 Font Awesome icons. You may utilise background parallax to connect with your visitors in a variety of ways.
- Click and drag the boundaries of the columns to resize them with your mouse.
- In the library, you may build sections and store them so that you can utilise them at any time on the site. You may drag and drop section items into other pages after modifying them. You may accomplish the same thing with predetermined templates.
- Elementor, Beaver Builder and KingComposer all have real-time editors, and this one is no different.
- Actions that you have performed on the website can be undone and redone with WP Page Builder.
You may also rest easy knowing that all of your sites will be fully responsive on all devices while maintaining their aesthetics and functionality. This page builder also allows you to create SEO-friendly pages, which will increase your website’s visibility on search engines.
With more than 5,000 active installs, this free page builder has received 21 five-star reviews out of 25 ratings. In addition to its ease of use, WP Page Builder has remarkable functionality and features that are well worth checking out for free.
6. Brizy Page Builder
Brizy Page Builder is an upcoming page builder that is gaining popularity for many reasons:
- As long as Brizy’s global styling is enabled, you may select to modify all texts, backgrounds, or other components that share the same style settings with one single click. It’s also possible to modify all text’s font, colour, and alignment from a single location.
- This website builder helps you to optimise your website for multiple screen widths. You may resize the columns in a different method than WP Page Builder.
- There is a handle in the middle of the columns that displays percentage numbers to show the dimensions. Resize columns by simply pulling on their handles and they’ll adapt to the new size.
- If you accidentally remove something, you have the option to undo and redo the operation.
- To prevent losing your progress, Brizy backs up all of your work in the cloud.
This page builder has been downloaded over 50,000 times. Brizy has 54 five-star ratings out of 68, with an average of 4.5 stars. This page builder’s desired features, such as the icons, make it a unique method to create a website.
7. Live Composer page builder
- It’s a good idea to use Live Composer’s frontend editor when you want to develop a beautiful website with ease:
- You may save time and money by using our free drag-and-drop page builder for all types of websites.
- With Live Composer, you can see the changes you make in real time, just as with the other page builders.
- Everything on your mobile-friendly website will appear great on any device. The Gutenberg compatibility of Live Composer sets it apart from other page builders. This implies that your site will be compatible with both Gutenberg plugins and the WordPress block editor thanks to this feature.
It has more than 40,000 active installations and a 4.5-star average rating.
After five years, the open-source page builder still receives frequent updates from a dedicated team of engineers. As part of the upgrades, Live Composer will be improved and new functionality will be included. In comparison to the other page builders on our list, the support is not as good. A premium extension is required to obtain premium assistance.
Moreover, you may only access their sophisticated integrations if you pay for them in order to access them. Everything else, aside from WooCommerce compatibility, is, of course, completely free of charge. In this regard, Elementor, which has WooCommerce compatibility built-in, is superior to other options.
Themify is a popular WordPress theme shop that offers a built-in theme builder with all of the WordPress themes.
- There are a number of ready-to-use modules that you can add to your pages or posts using this easy-to-use page builder that’s easy to use. It’s common for many of these modules to need the installation of WordPress plugins.
- Pre-designed layouts for gym, restaurant, portfolio, music and photography are included in the plugin along with online stores.
- The layout can be imported with one click, the content can be changed, and you can quickly create a stunning landing page in minutes.
- If you’re using Themify Builder, you’ll be able to edit pages both in the admin area and on your live site. With live editing, you can see precisely what your changes will look like on the site before they are published to it.
- Themify Builder also comes with ready-to-use layouts that you can add to your page instantly.
Addon Bundle is a premium add-on that may be purchased separately. This offers other page builders an advantage. Page Builder for WordPress, Themify Builder, is a trustworthy plugin. It’s a promising tool, but it has a steep learning curve that might irritate novice users. Many people believe that Themify is not the simplest to use despite the fact that its features are highly rated overall.