Want to create a custom domain email for free for your business? All you need is a domain and our step by step guide to hosting your own domain email (@mydomain.com) with Zoho for free.
According to Statista, currently, there are 3.9 billion email users and it is expected to reach 4.5 billion by 2024. That’s a big number; Litmus labs says, Apple iPhone email is the most popular email client. followed by Gmail and Apple Mail.
Custom domain email or personalised email helps you look more professional, established and help increasing brand awareness. So, without any delay let’s look into:
Step by Step Guide to Create Custom Domain Email for Free
1. Visit Zoho mail pricing page (on your computer for easier setup)
2. Select forever free plan which gives 5GB/user up to 5 users. That’s sufficient space for small businesses or individual.
3. On the next page, enter your domain name and click next.
4. Now, fill in the registration details including the administrator account which may be email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. Accept the terms and conditions and proceed.
5. On the page you have to verify the domain ownership. There are various ways to do this, like adding a TXT record in DNS, CName record, or AAA record. You’ll find the list of popular domain registrars on this page and links to guide on how to verify the domain. If you’re a GoDaddy user, then here’s how to create a TXT record.
6. After you verify your domain ownership, the administrator email is created which is one out of five users you can add. You can add more users one by one on the next page, all 5 users can have distinct email address with the same domain name, such as email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and so on.
That’s it. You can skip the user addition part if you wish. Visit zoho.com/mail to see your custom domain mailbox up and running.
Here is our screencast video explaining creating custom domain email for free with Zoho: