Cremation Keychains: A Modern Twist on Traditional Funeral Keepsakes
Cremation keychains are a modern twist to the traditional funeral keepsake. The idea of using a small piece of jewelry to commemorate the life of a loved one is centuries old. However, with the advent of new technologies, the cremation keychain is now a popular way to keep a piece of your loved one close at all times. In this article, we’ll explore the history of cremation keychains, why they have become so popular, and how to choose the right one for you.
History of Cremation Keychains
Cremation keychains have been around for many years, but they have recently become increasingly popular as a modern twist on traditional funeral keepsakes. The first known cremation keychains were produced in the late 19th century, made from metal with a small compartment in the center to hold a loved one’s ashes. These keychains were typically kept as a memorial to the deceased and were sometimes even worn as a memento.
Over the years, these keychains have become more sophisticated and customizable. Now, they come in a variety of materials, styles, and shapes, and can even be personalized with engravings or other decorations. They are also available in a variety of colors and finishes, making them even more unique and customizable.
Why Cremation Keychains Have Become So Popular?
The popularity owes to their multifunctional nature and unique customization options.
1. Multifunctional: Cremation keychains are much more than a standard piece of jewelry. They can be used to store the ashes of a loved one to keep them close while also serving as a keychain. Additionally, these can be used to store a lock of hair, a small memento, or even a dried flower.
2. Personalized: One of the biggest draws of cremation keychains is the ability to personalize them. Many keychains come with a slot for a photo or other small item, and many companies also offer engravings and other custom designs. This allows for a truly unique and personalized keepsake that can be kept close at all times.
3. Durable: These keychains are made from durable materials such as stainless steel, pewter, and brass, so they are designed to last. This ensures that the keychain and its contents will remain safe and secure for years to come.
4. Affordable: Cremation keychains are surprisingly affordable compared to other memorial products, making them a great option for those on a budget. They are also much more convenient than traditional cremation urns, as they are small and easily portable.
How to Choose the Right Cremation Keychain?
1. Choose a keychain that reflects the personality of the deceased. For example, a keychain with a religious symbol or a precious stone, such as a diamond, could be meaningful for someone who was deeply spiritual or appreciated beautiful things.
2. Consider the size of the keychain. It should be large enough to hold a small amount of cremated remains, but small enough to be portable and worn as a necklace.
3. Consider the material used for it. The material should be sturdy enough to sustain wear and tear. Common materials for cremation keychains include stainless steel, sterling silver, and titanium.
4. Select a keychain with an appropriate design. For example, a heart-shaped keychain could be a meaningful choice for someone who was deeply loved or for a couple that wanted to stay connected even after death.
5. Consider the cost depending on the material and design, prices can range from a few dollars to several hundred dollars. Shop around to find a keychain that fits within your budget.
6. Choose a type that is easy to use. Look for a keychain that features a secure closure, such as a screw-top or snap-top lid. This will ensure that the cremated remains are kept securely inside the keychain.
Cremation keychains are a modern twist on traditional funeral keepsakes, offering an easy and affordable way to keep a loved one’s memory alive. They come in a variety of materials, styles, and shapes, and can even be personalized with engravings or other decorations. When picking the one, consider the material, design, and if you would like to personalize it. Ultimately, a cremation keychain will be a meaningful and lasting reminder of your loved one.