How To Fix Elden Ring Multiplayer Not Working
Elden Ring stands as one of the leading dark fantasy online role-playing games. One of its standout features is the inclusion of online multiplayer, adding to its uniqueness. However, numerous individuals have recently encountered issues with Elden Ring’s multiplayer functionality, regardless of the gaming console they are using. Continue reading to discover effective solutions for resolving this problem.
Despite the efforts made by the developers at FromSoftware to address several minor bugs, certain issues continue to persist within the game. Numerous players encounter these problems on a daily basis. To assist you, we have gathered a compilation of troubleshooting methods aimed at resolving this particular issue.
Fix Elden Ring Multiplayer Not Working
It could be frustrating when trying to enjoy Elden Ring with your friends, and the multiplayer features stop working. Here is how you can fix it:
Check The Internet Connection
Before proceeding with the various troubleshooting methods to resolve the issue, it is essential to ensure that you have a stable internet connection. A weak or unstable internet connection can sometimes be the cause of this problem.
Check Elden Ring Server Status
Once you have confirmed that your internet connection is stable, the next step is to verify the status of the Elden Ring servers. It is possible that the servers are experiencing downtime, which could be the reason why the multiplayer mode is not functioning in the game. To stay informed, check the official Twitter handle of the game. If the servers are indeed down, it is recommended to wait for some time and attempt to connect again later.
Update Elden Ring to its Latest Version
If you are encountering bugs and errors like the ones mentioned, it is possible that you are not using the latest version of the game. It is always advisable to keep the game updated. Here are the steps to do so:
- Open Steam and go to your Library.
- Right-click on Elden Ring and select Manage.
- Choose Properties, then go to Updates.
- Ensure that Automatic Updates are enabled in the Steam Client, which will automatically install any available updates.
- Navigate to My Games and Apps.
- Select Manage.
- Choose Updates and install the latest version of the game.
- Open the game Library from the Home Menu.
- Select Elden Ring.
- Click on Options and choose Check for Updates.
By following these steps, you can ensure that you have the most up-to-date version of the game, which can help resolve various issues.
Verify Integrity of Steam Files
Corrupted game files can also contribute to the issue of Elden Ring multiplayer not working. To address this, you can verify and repair the game files on your PC using the Steam client. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open Steam and navigate to your Library.
- Right-click on Elden Ring in the list of games.
- Click on Properties, then go to Local Files.
- Select Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Once the verification process is complete, restart your device.
- Check if the issue is resolved after restarting.
By following these steps, you can identify and fix any corrupted game files that may be causing the problem with Elden Ring’s multiplayer functionality.
Update System Software
If your device is operating on an outdated system or software version, it can result in persistent errors like the one you are experiencing. To resolve this, it is recommended to update your device’s system software to the latest version. Here are the instructions to do so:
- Click on the Start button and open Settings.
- Navigate to Update & Security.
- Click on Check for Updates. If an update is available, click on Download and Install.
- Long-press the Home button on your Xbox console to open the Dashboard menu.
- Click on Settings, then select All Settings.
- Choose System and select Updates.
- Xbox will automatically search for updates. If any updates are available, click on Update Console and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Navigate to the Settings menu on your PlayStation console.
- Click on System Software Update.
- If any updates are available, they will be installed automatically.
By following these steps and updating your device’s system software to the latest version, you can potentially resolve the issue you are facing with Elden Ring’s multiplayer.
Restart Your PC or Console
At times, a simple restart of your PC can swiftly resolve minor bugs and errors. However, if you are using a PlayStation or Xbox console, performing a power cycle can be beneficial. Follow these steps:
For PlayStation or Xbox:
- Unplug the power cable from both the console and the power source.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- Plug the power cable back into the console and the power source.
- Switch on your console.
- Check if the issue is resolved.
That concludes the steps to fix the issue of Elden Ring multiplayer not working. We hope that the troubleshooting methods mentioned above will resolve the problem for you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to leave a comment below.