How To Fix Sonos Roam Bluetooth Not Connecting Problem
The Sonos Roam is a portable speaker that allows you to enjoy your favorite music on the go. Its compact design and durability make it perfect for outdoor use, whether you’re heading to the pool, beach, camping, or any other destination. However, like any Bluetooth speaker, you may encounter connectivity issues from time to time. If you’re currently experiencing difficulties connecting your Sonos Roam speaker to your device, this article will provide you with solutions to resolve the problem.
Fix Sonos Roam Bluetooth Not Connecting Problem
In this article, we will be discussing how you fix Sonos Roam Bluetooth pairing/connectivity issues.
Charge Your Speaker
If you’re experiencing Bluetooth pairing issues with your Sonos Roam speaker, it could be due to a low battery. When the speaker’s battery is about to die, it may disconnect from the device and repeatedly disconnect even if you try to reconnect. To resolve this issue, try charging your speaker.
Here are a few things to keep in mind while charging your speaker:
- Use a high-quality certified cable, preferably the one provided with the speaker.
- Ensure that the power brick or power adapter has a power output of 10W (5V/2A).
- Charge the speaker fully before attempting to connect it to your device.
Charging the device should likely fix the issue. If the problem persists, you can proceed to the next troubleshooting step in this article.
Ensure Sonos And Your Device Are In Range
If you’re experiencing Bluetooth pairing issues with your Sonos Roam speaker, it could be due to the speaker and the device not being in range of each other. To resolve this issue, try keeping the Sonos Roam speaker and the device you’re connecting to close to each other.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Ensure that the Sonos Roam Bluetooth speaker and the device you’re connecting to are nearby.
- Keep them within close proximity to improve the Bluetooth signal strength.
- Once they are close enough, attempt to connect the speaker to your device.
- After successfully connecting, the pairing issue should no longer be encountered.
By keeping the Sonos Roam speaker and the device in range, you should be able to establish a stable Bluetooth connection without any further issues.
Bring Your Speaker To Pairing Mode
If you’re facing the Sonos Roam Bluetooth pairing issue because the speaker is connected to another device, you need to bring the speaker into pairing mode and then connect it to your desired device. Follow the steps below to resolve the issue:
- Press and hold the Power button on the Sonos Roam speaker until you hear the pairing sound.
- The LED light on the speaker will start flashing in blue, indicating that it’s in pairing mode.
- Now, try connecting your desired device (e.g., phone) to the speaker.
- Follow the usual pairing process on your device to establish the Bluetooth connection.
- Once successfully connected, the Sonos Roam Bluetooth pairing issue should be resolved.
By putting the Sonos Roam speaker in pairing mode and connecting it to your desired device, you can overcome the issue of it being connected to another device and ensure a proper Bluetooth connection.
Reset Sonos Roam Speaker
If you’re still experiencing the Sonos Speaker Bluetooth pairing issue, you can try resetting the Sonos Roam speaker to its factory settings. Resetting the speaker will restore it to its original state. Follow the steps below to reset the Sonos Roam speaker:
- Start by turning off the Sonos Roam speaker. Press and hold the Power button for approximately 5 seconds until the LED indicator turns off.
- While continuing to hold the Power button, press and hold the Play button simultaneously.
- Release the Power button while still holding the Play button.
- Keep holding the Play button until you see the front LED light flashing in white and orange.
- Once the LED light starts flashing, it indicates that the speaker has been successfully reset.
- Now, try connecting the Sonos Roam speaker to your device, and you should be able to establish a Bluetooth connection without encountering any pairing issues.
By resetting the Sonos Roam speaker, you can resolve any persistent Bluetooth pairing problems and ensure a smoother connection experience with your device.
These troubleshooting steps should help resolve the Sonos Roam Speaker Bluetooth pairing issue. If you’re unable to connect your Sonos Roam speaker to your device, you can refer to the steps outlined in this article. The provided instructions aim to troubleshoot the connectivity problem you’ve been experiencing with your Sonos Roam speaker. By following these steps, you should be able to address the pairing issue and establish a successful connection between your Sonos Roam and your device.