In today’s world of high tech technology, it has become very important to have a hand’s on the latest technology. For the people of the IT industry, it is mandatory to know every possible hack of the tech world, And most important is to know how to remotely access a Mac (when using a mac system).
With a high rate of usage of laptops nowadays, carrying your laptops sometimes may not be possible.
As a result of this, it can be very helpful when you have proper knowledge of tools that can help you remotely access a Mac. In addition to tools, Mac also provides inbuilt features to access remotely (Mac to Mac).
Here is a list of Ways to Remotely Access a Mac:
5. Inbuilt options offered by Apple
So let’s begin to understand how the tools can meet your demands and match your expectations:
Well, this one is the easiest to guess and usually mostly heard of. This software is one of that software which offers cross-platform remote access to all its users, in simple words, both the devices (one which you are accessing and the one being used to accessed) need not be of the same type.
– With an approximate 4,00,000+ downloads done per day, the usage of teamviewer is pretty high.
– Almost 45 million devices connect to each other at a particular instance of time.
– Not only this, this application has an additional benefit that it is a free software especially for personal use. All you need to do it is download the software and you are good to go.
– Hence enjoy the facilities of secure remote connection on the free software which is an entire package.
Simply click on the button below and in just 1 click download the software, ready to use!
The second one in line is another most used and preferred software, ‘Anydesk’. Anydesk is one such software designed to provide a seamless connection with an additional advantage of high-speed connectivity.
This software is also capable of offering cross-platform features and enables its users to access and edit data and other settings of the remotely accessed systems.
– With special features of encryption including banking- standard TLS 1.2 encryption technology and the RSA2048 asymmetric key encryption, the security level offered for mac systems by Anydesk is not half bad.
– Not only this in case of image transfers, but it also compresses the image in a way to make sure that there is no data loss and quality is not affected during any transfers.
– Thus with the flexible license designs and best connectivity, this application comes with the best package which one can never avoid.
– To connect with any system, download and install the software And while connecting simply enter the name of the system you wish to connect to and you are good to go!
The third one which comes in the list as suggeseted by the heading is ‘AppleRemoteDesktop’. As the name suggests, this tool is specifically used by mac users to access mac systms remotely.
– Designed specifically by Apple Inc., this application provides a platform to remotely access a Mac from another Mac.
– Hence download this software and enjoy the seamless features that Apple has to offer.
– You can easily provide assistance and help to users by using this concept of remote access by the use of this app offered by Apple itself whenever they encounter technical issues.
Screens4 remote desktop for Mac allows its user to use his Mac system to connect to all types of computer systems.
– No matter where you are, you can connect as if you are actually sitting in front of it. No matter what corner of the world you might be in, this application makes the connection possible.
– In case your Mac system is connecting with multiple systems at a particular time, then you don’t need to worry. Screens4 comes with an option wherein you can choose how many screens you want to see on your screen.
Hence comes with an additional multiple screen display feature.
– You can save all your screens in the form of groups to make it organised for your easy interpretation.
– Not only this, Screens4 comes with a feature called the curtain mode where you can easily decide whether you want anyone else to see what you are doing on your screen or not.
– Comes with an easy Mac to Mac drag and drop for quick transfer of files.
The list goes on and on and these benefits are not something one can easily ignore!
Although this is a paid software but you can always use the free trial software.
5. Inbuilt options offered by Apple
Having discussed several tools for remote sharing it is equally important to discuss remote connectivity methods for Mac to Mac inbuilt features offered. The beauty of Mac to Mac remote sharing is that it is very fast and takes no time to connect the home Mac to the remote Mac.
In the case of connecting your computer to another MAC on the
the same network in the vicinity of the former, we adhere to the following steps:
1. Check for system preferences on the PC which is to be remotely accessed and choose the sharing panel and click on it, checking for the “Screen Sharing” box. Having clicked on the “Screen Sharing” option exit from the system preferences.
2. Open the Finder on the remote mac and search for the “Shared” option. Then in the “All” option on the remote computer, search for the name of the Mac required to e connected and click on it.
Subsequently, click on the share screen button visible on the upper right corner and log in with the username and password of the home the computer which you require to connect to this remote Mac.
Once done your remote computer will get connected to the home Mac.
Let us also now consider the case when connecting two Mac far
off, outside the network, not in the vicinity of each other:
1. After logging into the router’s admin page from your home Mac forward both Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) and the UDP port 5900 to the computer required to be connected with as described below.
2. Using DynDNS services creates a simple domain name to connect your PC
with the remote computer or you can also connect through your computer’s public IP which can be obtained from WhatIsMyIP.org. The only problem with this public IP address is that it is not consistent and can change from time to time hindering accessibility.
3. Check for system preferences on the PC which is to be remotely accessed and choose the sharing panel and click on it, checking for the “Screen Sharing” box. Having clicked on the “Screen Sharing” option, exit from the system preferences.
4 Having exited from system preference, open the finder and go to the ‘GO’ option and thereafter connect with the server. Once on the server, using the DynDNS name or the public IP address generated in step 2, type in vnc://12.345.678.90.
With having done this, on the remote computer to gain access, click the “connect” option using the username and password of the home computer and you are now remotely connected to the home Mac through the screen sharing pop up client.
From now onwards, you do not need to repeat all steps and every-time remote computer’s access is required you just need to repeat step 4 and you will be able to interact with the remote PC far off.
There are other available options also available for single platform mac to Mac remote access like . iCloud’s Back to My Mac.
It is pretty similar to Screen Sharing and is very easy to set up through iCloud. The Apple remote desk also enables access of home mac with remote mac and allows file sharing, but is at a cost and not free.
Further, the cross-platform TeamViewer with some extra software and account creation with TeamViewer services can allow remote sharing of Mac to Mac too. It has good file sharing features and gives the power to have control over the remote Mac too.
You might also like to know:
- Remotely Access Android Phone from Android Phone – 6 Best Apps
- How to Access Remote Desktop Using TeamViewer
- How to Access Remote Desktop Using AnyDesk
An engineer and a tech enthusiast, driven by curiosity.