How to Save a Contact Group in Outlook
Outlook is a popular email client used by millions of people worldwide. One of the many features of Outlook is the ability to create contact groups, also known as distribution lists, to make emailing multiple recipients more efficient. A contact group is a collection of email addresses saved under a single name, making it easier to send messages to multiple recipients.
Creating a contact group in Outlook is simple and easy, and this guide will show you how to do it step-by-step.
Create a Contact Group
On the Navigation bar, choose People Outlook.com People icon.
Select Home > New Contact Group.
In the Contact Group box, type the name for the group.
Select Contact Group > Add Members Add Members, and then select an option:
- Select From Outlook Contacts.
- Select From Address Book.
- Select New E-mail Contact.
To add individuals from your address book or contacts list, simply select “OK”. If you need to choose multiple individuals, hold down the Ctrl key while selecting members.
Choose Save & Close.
How to Save a Contact Group in Outlook?
- Open Outlook and navigate to the People or Contacts tab.
- Select the Home tab and click on New Contact Group.
- In the Name box, enter a name for your contact group.
- Click on Add Members and select the source of your contacts.
- Choose from your Outlook contacts, your address book, or create a new email contact.
- Once you have selected your contacts, click on Members and then OK.
- You can add more members to the group by clicking on Add Members again.
- After you have added all the members to the group, click on Save & Close.
- Your contact group is now saved and ready to use.
How to Use a Contact Group in Outlook?
Now that you have saved a contact group in Outlook, using it is easy. Here is how to use a contact group in Outlook:
- Open Outlook and create a new email message.
- In the To box, type the name of the contact group you created.
- Outlook will automatically fill in the email addresses of all the members of the contact group.
- Compose your email message and click on Send.
Using a contact group in Outlook can save you time and effort in sending emails to multiple recipients. You no longer need to add each recipient’s email address manually; just type in the name of the contact group, and Outlook will do the rest.
How to Unblock Emails on Outlook
How to Attach an Email in Outlook
How to Add Reminder in Outlook
- How many contacts can I add to a contact group in Outlook?
Outlook allows you to add up to 500 contacts to a single contact group.
- Can I edit a contact group after I have saved it?
Yes, you can edit a contact group in Outlook at any time. Open the contact group, make the necessary changes, and click on Save & Close.
- Can I delete a contact group in Outlook?
Yes, you can delete a contact group in Outlook. Open the contact group, click on Delete, and confirm the action.
Creating a contact group in Outlook can save you time and effort in sending emails to multiple recipients. It is a simple and easy process that can be done in just a few steps. Once you have created a contact group, using it is even easier. Just type in the name of the contact group in the To box of a new email message, and Outlook will fill in all the email addresses automatically.
Now that you know how to save a contact group in Outlook, you can start creating your own and make your email communication more efficient.