The roll-out of new Gmail feature is what we were looking for long. Now, you can send emails as attachments in Gmail without downloading them first, means emails inside email, you heard it right!
But the big question is why we need this feature? Here’s what Google says.
“We’ve heard from you that there are situations where attaching emails makes more sense than forwarding separate emails, like wanting to forward multiple messages related to a single topic. With this new functionality, you can do exactly that. Sending emails as attachments allows you to write a summary email message to your recipients, and attach the set of supporting emails that recipients can directly open in their mail client.“
Before moving on to how to send emails as attachments in Gmail, here are the things you need to know first:
1. This feature is ON by default.
2. You can attach as many emails as attachments you’d like.
3. If the size of attached emails is exceeds 25 MB they will attached through Google Drive.
4. The attached emails become .eml file (.eml is an standard extension for email files)
5. When you open attached .eml file, it opens in a new window with a security banner at the top of the email sent or received.
6. The feature is also available to app G Suits editions.
How to send emails as attachments in Gmail: Step by Step Guide
There are two methods to do this:
Method 1: Select the emails and forward as attachments
- Sign in to Gmail, select the emails you want to send as an attachment, click more (three dots) and click ‘Forward as attachment’.
- Add recipients in the ‘To’ field, you can also add recipients in Cc and Bcc field.
- Add a subject
- Write your message which is email body
- Click ‘Send’ button at the bottom.
How to reply with an attached email.
What if you want to reply an existing thread with email attachments.
- Open the email and click reply
- Inside reply window click on ‘Pop out reply’, compose window appears.
- Drag and drop emails to compose window, add your message and send.
That’s all. Hope this helps you in sending email as attachments in Gmail. We love when you share!