Switzerland is a well-known financial destination that probably comes to your mind first when you think of great banking. And no wonder: the banking sector is a top priority for the country’s economy, and the government is doing its best to keep attracting foreign capital. For instance, the laws on banking secrecy are very strict and the bankers who fail to comply with the standards incur heavy fines. As a result, Switzerland is known as a jurisdiction where the customer’s confidentiality is at the highest level, which is one of the reasons why entrepreneurs and individuals flock here to take advantage of banking services.
Switzerland seems to be an ideal destination. Is it? Well, not always. Some of you may need a bank account quickly, and Swiss banks may be slower than you would like them to be. Some customers who come from countries under sanctions are highly likely to be turned down, so they need another option. There are other restrictions that are applicable or customer needs that have to be taken care of. How to find an option that will suit you best?
The easiest thing to do is use professional assistance. We know that many people find it hard to select a financial destination and a suitable bank, and we invite them to book our free expert consultation for offshore bank accounts. The right choice depends on your current country of residence, financial goals, the amount you are going to deposit, the operations you intend to carry out, and many other factors. Our expert will ask you questions and shortlist the countries and banks that you can benefit from.
Swiss Banking for Non-Residents
Non-residents often find it hard to open a bank account. However, we will help you set up a personal bank account in Switzerland to take advantage of the following:
- Customized services tailored to your needs
- No additional fees to be paid to the Swiss bank for account setup
- You can open one account with a Swiss bank and use 20+ currencies
- You will get a prepaid Swiss bank card for free to conveniently make payments in other countries using the money in your account
- You will have access to your bank account on a 24/7 basis using secure and user-friendly online or mobile apps
- The banking services you will get are second to none, and this is confirmed by numerous customers from all over the world
- Benefit from impeccable customer support
- Possessing a Swiss bank card will add to your status and credibility
The bank we are going to offer was established in 1990 in Switzerland and has been successfully providing different services to individual and corporate customers ever since. Non-residents find this bank really attractive as it lays special emphasis on the customer’s financial confidentiality, the specific needs of online clients, the variety of services, and excellent digital solutions.
Here are some brief facts about the Swiss bank we will recommend:
- The bank is based in Switzerland and has no branches in other countries
- It offers services to nationals of different countries – however, if you come from a sanctioned state, your application will not be approved.
- Your deposit with the bank will be insured for up to 100,000 Swiss francs
- Your personal data and assets are reliably protected by Swiss laws
Why Is This Bank Recommendable?
The financial institution has a number of features that most customers usually appreciate:
- The documents required to set up a Swiss bank account are reduced to a minimum (you will not need more than just a passport copy and proof of residence)
- You will be able to easily convert your funds into multiple currencies at a reasonable fee
- As soon as your bank account has been opened, you will get access to a trading platform
- There are no restrictions as to the applicant’s citizenship
- You can deposit your money with the bank for 3 and 6 months to get a definite amount of profit upon expiration of the term
- The minimum initial amount required to set up an account with this particular Swiss bank is 5,000 euros (this is much lower than in other banks with a high reputation that are ready to open accounts for non-residents)
- You will have a personal manager to help you with any problem that may arise
- You will also be able to take advantage of efficient customer support in multiple languages
Swiss Bank: List of Services
Here are the services you will have access to if you open an account with the recommended Swiss bank:
- Quick and efficient wireless transfers to different countries
- Easy-to-use currency conversion interface
- Accounts in all major currencies you may need
- Issuance of credit/debit cards
- Selling and buying all kinds of securities
- Performing transactions with precious metals
- Opening a trading account for your needs
- Different kinds of deposits to reach your financial goals
- Issuance of prepaid cards
- Provision of safe deposit boxes for use
The list is much longer. If you need any particular service not mentioned here, you can click on the above link to get detailed information from our experts.
Opening a Bank Account in Switzerland: Fees
You will be pleased to find out that the fees charged by the bank are more than affordable:
- Online account opening comes for free!
- The quarterly account maintenance fee is 90 Swiss francs.
- A precious metal account will cost you 80 Swiss francs every quarter.
- Term deposits and incoming transfers are free.
- The fees for outgoing transfers vary, and the bank may charge more if the transfer is urgent.
- If you withdraw cash in Swiss francs, you will pay 0.25%. All other currencies come at 0.50%.
- Deposits in Swiss francs come at a rate of 0.15%, while other currencies will require 0.50%.
- If you decide to close your personal account, it will cost 300 Swiss francs.
- The personal safe deposit box can be rented at a fee varying from 250 to 1,150 Swiss francs depending on its size.
Mind the restrictions: if you come from Yemen, North Korea, Afghanistan, Iran, Sudan, Myanmar, Japan, Syria, Iraq, or the USA, you will not be able to open an account in Switzerland.
If you think that Switzerland is a perfect destination for your financial needs, you are welcome to click on the above link to find out more details. And if you have any doubts, we will help you make the right choice. Book a session today!