If you want to know how to strikethrough in Google Docs in just a click, you are at the right place.
We all see strikethrough in blog texts, promotional texts, ads, posters and even in product packaging. But don’t know how to use it.
The main purpose of using strikethrough is to highlight either the change of thought or deleted information. Before, it was used by placing dots on texts to be ignored.
Strikethrough is easy in Words Documents, while tough in Google Docs. It is there in the menu bar ‘Home’ section. Whereas, it’s a bit inside the Google Docs menu bar sections.
If you are familiar with Word Documents, you can edit Google Docs in Word Documents for easier strikethrough. If you are a Google Docs user, there are two steps you can use.
How to Strikethrough Google Docs?
Basically, the steps involved are easy, but the strikethrough option in Google Docs can be difficult to find. No worries, I am here to help. Just follow the steps listed below.
One way to strikethrough Google Docs is by using the functions. Alternatively, you can use keyboard shortcuts.
Here’s how you can use Google Docs functions to strikethrough texts –
- Select the text you want to strikethrough in Google Docs
- Head over to ‘Format’ option at the top left
3. You will see a number of options, click on ‘Text’.
4. After clicking on ‘Text’ option, click on Strikethrough.
5. There you go. You successfully highlighted the text you wanted to.
Let’s see the keyboard shortcuts to strikethrough texts in Google Docs –
- If you are using MAC, first highlight the text, then press ⌘ + Shift + X
- If you are using PC, highlight the text, then press alt + shift + 5
How To Get Rid Of Strikethrough In Google Docs?
Removing the strikethrough is as simple as highlighting the text. Follow the same steps you followed to strikethrough text. The highlight will be removed and the text will no more to be ignored.
How To Strikethrough In Google Docs In Mac?
You can use keyboard shortcuts to strikethrough in Google Docs.
First highlight the text you want to ignore, then press ⌘ + Shift + X
How To Add A Strikethrough In Google Sheets?
If you are looking to strikethrough cells in Google Sheets, that too is simple. You just need to follow the below-listed steps. Once, you follow the steps as shown, your work will be done.
In case you don’t wish to use functions, we have shared the shortcut too. You will find it after the steps.
1. Go to the Google Sheet
2. Select the cell you want to strikethrough
3. Head over to Format tab in the top left, and click on it.
4. Under Format tab, click on the Strikethrough option.
5. You successfully highlighted the text in Google Sheets.
What Is The Strikethrough Shortcut In Excel?
If you don’t have enough time to use functions, shortcuts can do the job. Shortcuts have always been easier. It saves time you can use to complete other tasks.
Press (Alt + Shift + 5) and done!
How To Strikethrough In Excel For Mac?
The keyboard shortcut to strikethrough in Excel for Mac is ⌘ + SHIFT + X
Alternatively, you can use the functions to strikethrough cells.
1. First, select the cell you want to strikethrough.
2. Right-click and select Format Cells option.
3. Under the Format Cells section, head over to Font tab.
4. Under the Font tab, select strikethrough in the bottom left.
5. Press okay. Now it’s done.
Strikethrough in the text isn’t tough. You can either use shortcuts or functions. Shortcuts mostly work during a shortage of time.
Hope we helped you.
Further, if you think we haven’t covered something you are looking for, you can post your queries in the comment section. We will get back as soon as possible.
Otherwise, How far did you find this helpful?