Video editing is a fast-growing and popular domain nowadays and with a large number of tools already available in the market, it becomes quite difficult to choose an editing tool for your needs.
Today, we are going to discuss a great online tool which is called FlexClip. FlexClip is a simple, powerful, and flexible online video editor that helps you to edit and create professional-looking videos in just a few minutes.
According to a report by the U.S. Bureau of Labour Statistics, the overall employment of film and video editors and camera operators is projected to grow by 18% from 2019 to 2029, which is much faster than the average for all other occupations.
Videos have become such an integral part of our life today that it is nearly impossible to imagine our lives without them. Whether you are a daily Vlogger, a social media influencer or you simply want to store your cherished moments, recording a video is the first thing that comes to mind.
Video editing tools come in quite handy when you want to give a professional and complete look to your videos. So, let us get started by knowing more about FlexClip.
What is FlexClip?
FlexClip is an online video editing tool that is ideally suited for users who are new to video editing. This video editing tool is best for freelancers and small business owners since it allows you to create amazing videos in very little time. With thousands of pre-made video templates, motion presets, widgets, and an extensive stock media library, FlexClip editor is the one-stop destination for effortless creativity.
There are a large number of features that come with FlexClip video editor. Let us take a look at some of the primary features that this amazing tool offers:
1. Ease of Use:
FlexClip makes video editing super simple especially for users who are totally new in this domain. With the creative use of intuitive storyboards and modern navigation styles, anyone can easily get accustomed to the tools and controls of FlexClip. All you need to do is just drag and drop and a dazzling video is ready in no time.
2. Royalty Free Stock Media Library:
One of the greatest features of FlexClip is its rich content library. FlexClip provides you unlimited access to more than 1 million royalty-free music, high-quality videos, and photos that you can add to your storyboard. Since these are royalty-free, you can add them to your videos without the fear of any copyright infringements. The music catalog is especially useful for Youtube videos since it contains popular background tracks and gets frequently updated.
3. Trendy Templates:
Another great feature of FlexClip is its huge library of templates that consists of 1,000+ pre-made templates that can save you lots of time and fit all occasions. These pre-made video sequences can be used anytime anywhere in your video and they are even categorized into several different categories some of which are shown below:
- Personal Video: Templates to compile your photos and clips into a single memorable video.
- Business Video: Templates infused with relevant and easily modifiable stock videos and transitions to create professional-looking pitches or video resumes.
- Social Media Video: Templates for popular social networking sites like Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube with customizable size settings for that particular app. These templates are best for new Youtube creators since they contain music, transitions, and pop-up icons that most YouTubers use.
- Marketing Video: Templates for marketing, advertising, campaign, promo, or product launch videos suitable for freelancers and small business owners who want to engage potential customers.
- Tutorial Video: Templates to create tutorial videos and educational content.
- Music Video: Templates containing graphics and music for quick music video solutions.
4. Range of video editing tools:
There is a whole variety of video editing tools ranging from basic to advanced editing offered by FlexClip. You can trim your videos without any quality compromisation, add captions, titles, and texts to your videos and perform many more video editing operations in just a few clicks. You can even add motion effect presets and controls as well as built-in transition effects that are perfect for slideshows and video presentations.
5. Fast and secure:
FlexClip works on a browser native processing technology which is adopted for a faster processing speed thereby allowing blazing fast video uploads and downloads. Also, the tool gathers very little user information and it is totally transparent with its privacy policies and security parameters.
FlexClip Video Editing Tools
There are multiple video editing tools available in FlexClip aimed at specific editing purposes:
1. Video Maker:
The video maker provides a simple workspace where you can create a video from scratch or with the help of templates. The workflow in FlexClip is named as storyboard, and it uses linear video editing. You can import video from your device or choose content from the media library.
The editing process is pretty simple and straightforward, you insert elements like text, shapes, transition, and other special effects with simple drag-and-drop, adjust the speed, lighting, orientation, and other properties, and once finished, hit the export option and download your rendered video within minutes. You can even add video choreography with a single click.
2. Video Trimmer:
With the video trimmer, you can easily trim certain parts of your video by simply dragging your cursor. You can even be creative with your trims by applying a jump cut, axial cut, cutaway, match cut, etc. The best part is that the trimming does not affect video quality.
3. Video Converter:
The video converter allows you to change the format as well as the resolution of the video according to your needs. It also provides options to select from custom sizes fit for smartphones, tablets, and computer screens. The video converter supports various video and image file formats, including MP4, MOV, WAV, M4V, WEBM, JPEG, and PNG. The video converter also features file compatibility for editing, converting, or compressing videos.
4. Screen and Voice Recorder:
The FlexClip Screen Recorder Tool is the best option for recording a new software demonstration or for creating instructional videos. The tool captures your screen activity and then includes it as video content into your storyboard. The screen recorder works as an editor and recorder simultaneously, thereby allowing you to speak while filming or add voiceovers.
5. Video Merger:
Perfectly merging two or more videos and images can be very difficult at times but with the FlexClip video merger tool, merging videos has never been easier. You just need to upload all your videos or images at once, put them in a sequence, and voila! your merged video is ready.
How to make a video in 3 steps with FlexClip?
With the simple drag and drop features anyone can make an amazing video in just 3 steps with FlexClip:
1. Add Media: The first step is to add videos or photos from computer or stock libraries to the storyboard.
2. Customize: After adding media, you can add text, music, and voiceover to customize your imported video.
3. Export: Once customization is over, you can download your video in various ratios and definitions, and then share it online with the world.
FlexClip Pros and Cons
- Easy to use user interface
- Quick video uploads
- Rich Media Library
- Support for all major video formats
- Live Preview support
- Amazing video templates
- No support for 4K video export
- Limited video duration
- Limited controls in free version
FlexClip video editor can be used totally free of cost but if you want to experience its true potential, you can also switch to affordable paid plans. There are three paid plans offered by FlexClip apart from the basic plan. The details of these plans are given below:
- Free ($0/month)- This plan includes 480p Standard Definition downloads, 1 stock video per project, a maximum of 12 projects, and a maximum video length of up to 1 minute.
- Basic ($8.99/month) – This plan offers 720p HD downloads, 1 stock video per project, an option to save 50 projects online, a maximum video length of up to 3 mins, a custom watermark, and no FlexClip intro in your video.
- Plus ($15.99/month)– This plan is an enhanced form of the basic plan with 1080p Full-HD downloads, 5 stock videos per project, an option to save 200 projects online, and a maximum video length of up to 10 mins.
- Business ($29.99/month)– This plan includes everything in the Plus plan and also offers unlimited stock videos per project, an option to save 1000 projects online and a maximum video length of up to 30 mins.
If you want to be free from the hassles of a monthly payment, you can also select the annual version of the above-mentioned plans which require you to make only one yearly payment. The annual subscription costs less than the monthly plans. The details of the yearly plans are shown below:
So, coming to the final question, is FlexClip a good choice for an online video editor? Like any other software, FlexClip also has its pros and cons but in the end, the pros overtake the cons making it a great tool for video editing. Especially if you are a rookie editor or a freelancer, FlexClip is an excellent option. Its premium tools and features surely make it a great tool to invest your time and money in.